5 ingredients, 224 calories and a world of delicious. If my pumpkin pancakesaren’t your thing, give these a whirl for breakfast!
2 cups of Trader Joes Healthy 8 chopped veggies
1 cup diced onions
2 containers of extra-firm tofu (27 oz total)
1 cup of black beans
2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
Trader Joes lime chili seasoning to taste
Wrap of your choice*
Salsa of your choice
Dry the tofu:
1) Cut the tofu into thin squares and lay onto a dish towel (make sure it is won’t shed onto your tofu), lay another dish towel on top of it and then set something heavy (a cutting board or a few bowls) on top. Let the dish towels soak up the moisture for about thirty minutes.
1) Then, preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2) If you’re doubling this recipe, now is a good time to measure out the rest of the ingredients into separate bowls
1) Bake the tofu in the oven (add seasoning to the top if you would like) for thirty minutes. Once it is done, evenly divide it into five different portions for your burritos.
2) Measure the different ingredients into a bowl, mix and then toss into a pan on the oven to heat up for a minute or two. (Don’t let the moisture get gooey.)
3) Place one tortilla onto a pan to heat up (15 seconds a side)
4) Place the tofu into the middle of the tortilla and 1/5 of the veggie mixture on top and roll the burrito!
5) Repeat step 4 for the rest of the burritos (makes 5 total)
*Calories do not include tortilla or salsa, but I would recommend Mission’s Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Tortilla as you can get it almost anywhere and it is fairly low-carb for a tortilla
244 Calories | 20g carbs | 7g fat | 21g protein | 3g sugar