Delicious and pretty – plus, they look super fancy (even if you’re not the fanciest of cooks).
Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees
Line a baking pan with parchment paper
4 large bell peppers
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup salsa
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp paprika
15-ounce can of black beans (drained)
16-oz package extra-firm tofu (dried and crumbled)
Optional: trade tofu for equivalent ground turkey
1) Bring quinoa to a boil in the vegetable stock (inside of a saucepan), lower the heat until it is simmering and allow the quinoa to simmer for around 20 minutes
2) Halve the peppers and lay into the baking tray, removing seeds and the stems (or you can cut the tops off of them)
3) Cook the turkey or the tofu in a saucepan until lightly browned, adding in the different seasonings.
4) Pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and fold together until well-coated with different seasonings
5) Stuff each of the peppers, covering with foil
6) Cook for 30 minutes
7) Remove foil and cook for 20 minutes longer*
*Cooking time depends on your oven and how stuffed the peppers are, so monitor them!